If you are planning to come to our opening night at 7:30pm in rooms G3 and G2 of the Fisherrow Centre this Thursday (2nd September) you may be interested in the reopening statement and risk assessment which the Fisherrow Centre have published (click on the link below):
The Fisherrow Trust ask anyone visiting the centre to:
- Use hand sanitizer when entering the building;
- Check in to NHS test and trace using the QR codes posted at the centre;
- Wear masks in the corridors and public areas, unless exempt.
The Fisherrow Trust will ensure all areas are cleaned and the rooms have extra ventilation (please do not close the windows). Social distancing within the centre is no longer mandatory. Mask wearing within club rooms is at the discretion of each club, and clubs can add their own procedures based on their own risk assessment.
- Although social distancing is no longer mandatory at Fisherrow, please respect other members’ space and spread out within the room. Please wear a mask unless seated or drinking tea or coffee.
- Please do not come to a face-to-face club meeting if you are feeling unwell or have been asked to self-isolate. The club recommends using the Scottish government’s home Covid testing service:
- We will provide additional hand sanitizer and wipes within the club rooms near shared items (like the sign in sheet).
- Shared equipment (such as the laptop keyboard, wireless microphone, laser pointer and mouse) will be wiped before and after use.
- Shared mugs will no longer be available. If you would like tea or coffee please bring your own mug and take it away at the end of the night. (This is also dictated by the centre’s new storage policy.)
- We will be restarting our programme gradually and offering hybrid sessions so members can choose between attending in person or by Zoom. We have booked two rooms for opening night so we can space ourselves out while welcoming new members. All competitions will be judged digitally until after Christmas.
- We will aim to have more outdoor meetings, such as club photoshoots.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Musselburgh Camera Club, whichever way you choose to join us.