On 19th March 2020, in what unexpectedly turned out to be our last meeting of the season, Musselburgh Camera Club members met to judge a selection of images sent to us by Mölnlycke Fotoclubb, in Gothenburg, Sweden. This was an opportunity for our members to become the judges rather than the judged. There were 30 images altogether, which gave us a chance to discuss each image at length before voting for our favourites. There were several portraits, snow scenes, woodland scenes, foreign travel shots, flowers, wildlife, examples of street photography and abstract shots. We were impressed by the level of creativity of Mölnlycke Fotoclubb members. Our favourite images were:
- 1st equal (14 votes)
- A stunning night shot of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque with beautiful reflections.
- A beautifully sharp image of a waterbird landing on the water.
- 2nd place (10 votes)
- A lovely portrait of a model with bright eyes, red lipstick and a red head scarf looking up at the camera.
- 3rd place (8 votes)
- A striking and unusual portrait of a model in Halloween make up and contact lenses.
- 4th equal (7 votes)
- An atmospheric soft focus image of some wildflowers in dappled light, with a great summer feeling.
- A great image of a Sally Lightfoot crab scuttling along a surface with a lovely watery texture.
- 5th place (4 votes)
- An artistic composition of a pair of blue flowers with a narrow depth of field and lovely colours.
It was a pleasure looking through all these images. Thank you to members who came and helped with the judging.