On 22nd March we had our annual Pecha Kucha night. “Pecha Kucha” is a method of giving precise presentations, where each presenter can only show 20 images and spend no more than 20 seconds describing each image. To give all members a chance to show their images within a single club evening, we bend the rules slightly and restrict everyone to 10 images. This is the evening where anything goes, and members showed a variety of images, ranging from places they had visited, and ideas discovered on the web, to images from photographers they aspire to. It was a great opportunity to share a great many ideas in one evening. Thank you to everyone who took part.
During the evening, Joe Fowler also gave a summary of the recent “Borders Digital Challenge” competition for those who couldn’t make it because of the bad weather. 12 clubs took part, and the final result was:
- 1st place: Musselburgh – 146 points
- 2nd place: Dumfries – 144 points
- 3rd place: Galashiels – 141 points
- 4th place: Morpeth – 135 points
- 5th place=: Amble – 131 points
- 5th place=: Earlston – 131 points
- 7th place: Peebles – 126 points
- 8th place: Kelso – 125 points
- 9th place: Berwick – 124 points
- 10th place: Hawick – 121 points
- 11th place: Liddesdale – 120 points
- 12th place: Abbey – 116 points
Well done to Musselburgh for 3 inter-club wins in succession! Thank you to Hawick for hosting the competition, even through heavy snow.