On our second club night of the season we watched a CD of images accepted into the 2017 Dingwall National Projected Image Competition. We use these images as a source of ideas and inspiration for the coming year.
I brought some printed copies of the new syllabus. If you didn’t manage to pick up a copy, or you would rather print yourself a copy on better paper, a PDF is still available on the web site at the following link. The correct version of the syllabus will have a 4-way competition on 1st November 2018.
There were a lot of announcements to make this week. Here they are again in case you missed any.
- Please remember to add your name to the tea list. There are still a lot of blank slots. Thank you to Phil Petrie for volunteering for next week.
- Joe Fowler is arranging a photography class for beginners and new members at Fisherrow on 26th September 2018. If you missed this week’s meeting and would like to join the class, please see Joe next week. Alternatively, if you reply to this post I’ll forward your message to Joe.
- Next week (20th September) is the last submission date for the Digital Projected Images competition. Please send up to 3 JPEG images to George (our competition secretary) using the email address shown on the front of the syllabus. Images must be sized to a maximum size of 1600 pixels and renamed to show your member number and the image title, for example “56_ThisIsMyTitle.jpg”. For details see the competition guide at the following link: MCCCompetitionInformation.
- Next week we will be welcoming our first speaker, Libby Smith of Carluke Camera Club. Libby has been a regular visitor to the club and has always impressed us with her stunning images and knowledge of the subject.
Some events and photographic opportunities coming up:
- The Battle of Prestonpans takes place this weekend, 15-16th September 2018. The event begins at 10am on Saturday with a commemorative parade from Meadowmill Sports Centre. The parade proceeds to Greenhills (where Cockenzie Power Station used to be). On Saturday and Sunday there are regular events and demonstrations planned on the Greenhills site between 11am and 5pm, and the battle itself takes place both days at 3pm.
- If the weekend isn’t exciting enough, the Edinburgh Riding of the Marches also takes place on Sunday, 16th September 2018.
- The Scottish Half Marathon starts from Musselburgh on Sunday, 23rd September 2018.
- The Edinburgh Doors Open Days take place on the weekend of 29-30th September 2018. The Royal Observatory, where I work, will be open both days, but there will be many more buildings open.
See you next Thursday.