We are starting the 2020-21 season two weeks later than usual. There has been a lot of uncertainty over the summer about whether or not the Fisherrow Centre would reopen, and exactly how many of our meetings we would need to hold by Zoom videoconference. This extra club meeting was arranged by Zoom to inform members about the latest news. Here is a summary:
- The club needs to follow guidance for keeping members safe during the covid-19 pandemic. The situation is changing constantly and members are advised to monitor the web site and watch out for club emails to be informed of last minute changes. You can find some guidance at the following links:
- Existing members can join the club by emailing the treasurer, returning an application form and paying their membership fee by bank transfer or cheque. New members can contact the club secretary (as stated on the home page) and will be referred to the treasurer.
- The Fisherrow Centre is closed until further notice, so all our meetings will be held by Zoom unless otherwise stated. I have created two sets of recurring meetings for members:
- A meeting at 19:30 every Thursday for our regular club meetings.
- A meeting at 19:30 every Tuesday for extra meetings such as training sessions.
- When members join the club they will be given the information needed to join these two meetings. However, we can create as many meetings as we like, and the club is not limited just to these two occasions.
- Haddington camera club have kindly provided a link to this article describing how to use Zoom:
- There has been a change to the club rules for Digital Projected Images. All images must now be no wider than 1600 pixels and no taller than 1200 pixels. The matches the club rules to Scottish Photographic Federation (SPF) rules.
- The deadline for submitting images to the DPI competition is Thursday 17th September. Please email them to email@example.com.
- Print competitions will take place digitally until further notice. Judges will accept images digitally, but they must be sized to the same limits as DPIs.
- Members can add a small border to indicate how they would have mounted their image, but this is entirely optional.
- Because of the image size limit, use a thin border, not the thick border demonstrated in my previous club message.
- We would like to arrange regular photoshoots so that members have an opportunity to meet face to face outdoors. The following venues were suggested:
- The maximum limit of 6 people from 2 households meeting up will make photoshoots more difficult but not impossible. We can follow this procedure:
- The club advertises a venue and a 2 hour time slot.
- Members make their own arrangements and visit the venue during that time slot.
- Up to 6 members from 2 households can arrange to meet up.
- After the visit we meet together by Zoom, show our pictures and compare our experience.
- The recent change in the rules on meeting people in Scotland means that next week’s opening night and trophy presentation cannot take place face to face. Instead, George will present the trophies virtually and will arrange to have them delivered to winners.
The real start of the club season begins next week with our opening night and long overdue presentation of the trophies from last year. I look forward to seeing you again (albeit through a computer screen).